About this time last year, I had just finished up a couple of classes at the CSSC in VT. My plan was to finish some of the pieces of marble that I had blocked out as components. Unfortunately, I had to have knee surgery instead – so, I’m just getting around to assembly.
Here’s some images of the first one I was able to complete. I’ve been referring to them as Garden Angel’s while they’re in process:
My idea was to make a series of them with slightly different gestures, textures, sizes and finish each of them with their own unique, found object head.
Here’s another larger one with a granite bottom from NH and a ocean rolled granite ‘head’:
I used a hand chisel to pitch the edges of the VT marble top instead of cutting or shaping with power tools.